Woman rescued from Hillside apartment fire

-A A +A
By Kate Darnell

Crews battled an afternoon fire at Hillside Apartments off Elmarch Avenue around 4:30 p.m. yesterday.

Cynthiana Fire Department Chief Jay Sanders said the fire originated as a grease fire in the kitchen of apartment 404.

“One apartment received fire damage,” Sanders said Monday morning. “The rest of the 12 units received smoke damage.”

Sanders said one resident was rescued from the third floor of the building.

“It was an excellent response and a good save,” Sanders said.

The scene was cleared by 6:50 p.m.

If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!

Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription

If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the The Cynthiana Democrat, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.

Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.

Newspaper Acct. ID:
Street Address:
(exactly as it appears on the label)

If you are a subscriber and you do not know your account ID or don't have a copy of your newspaper available that shows the information on the address label you can click continue below to search for your account.

Special Offer

You have used all your free page views for the month however if you wish to create a FREE limited access account you will be able to view a additional 2 pages per month.

You can also purchase a subscription and have full access to the site. To purchase a subscription simply enter your zipcode below

ZIP Code:

The Cynthiana Democrat | circulation@cynthianademocrat.com | 859-234-1035
P.O. Box 160, 302 Webster Avenue, Cynthiana, KY 41031
Office Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday