I remember thinking “Eweh” several years ago when I heard about the man who inadvertently dropped his dentures in the toilet but was able to retrieve them a few days later at Cynthiana’s Waste Water Treatment Plant.
Why would you want those suckers back?
Oh the places they’ve traveled! The last place they would travel would be the waste water treatment plant as far as I would have been concerned.
No. He popped those babies into some Polident and right back onto his gums they nestled.
1. Alfred Hitchcock in his movie, e.g
6. *Banned insecticide
9. *Infamous weapon in Persian Gulf War
13. *”The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” author
14. Two halves
16. Site of witchcraft trials
17. Fred Flintstone to Barney Rubble, e.g.
18. Stupid or silly
19. *Code name for detonation of first nuclear device
21. *1945-1990 antagonism
23. Batman and Robin, e.g.
24. *Rock and ____
25. Unit of absorbed radiation
1. Mt. Everest, McKinley and such
6. Cleopatra’s cause of death
9. Crack in a lip
13. *Hot toddy, e.g.
14. Former Chinese communist leader
15. Glowed or beamed
17. “___ to Joy”
18. Bird of prey weapon
19. Hungarian composer Bela ______
21. *Popular winter sculpture
23. Thus far
24. Greenish blue
25. Former refrigerant
28. *A snow____ is one for trekking on snow
30. Astronomer’s sighting
As we celebrate the holidays and ready for the new year, many of us may find ourselves taking a moment to recall the positive things in our lives.
Statewide, there has been some good news in recent months worth noting. The job market overall is looking somewhat better, with the state’s unemployment rate down, and we’re working on improving the economy here in our legislative district.
We didn’t get that white Christmas I was pulling for this year, but weather forecasters are promising some snow for our future.
I’m not nearly the fan I once was, but certainly I get excited about a forecast that could bring some snow our way.
I like it best if it’s a day (or two) that I’m going to be home and not out on the roads. It’s great to cozy up in the house and watch it snow.
Unfortunately, the biggest snowfalls generally happen during the week when most of us have some place we have to be.
1. Like children’s book character Nancy
6. Grade A item on grocery list
9. Spill the beans
13. Greeting from Don Ho
14. ___ chi
15. *Location of Mohammed Morsi’s presidential palace
16. It lacks appropriate punctuation
17. Wood-shaping tool
18. It often fell in old cartoons
19. *One of EU leaders
21. *Anti-apartheid leader
23. Moray ___
24. I, to a Greek
25. Where massages are given
28. Letter opener
30. Pincered insect