So how many of us are still in tune with our New Year’s resolution?
I was recently at the Harrison Memorial Hospital Wellness Center, which looks great after the renovation, at which time I noticed a few unfamiliar faces in the crowd.
I’m not really for setting unreachable goals that end with me feeling worse about myself than before my life-changing journey began.
1. *Good night kiss spot
6. Old age, archaic
9. De Valera’s land
13. “My Own Private _____”
14. Big Island flower necklace
15. Kind of sentence
16. Things that are unacceptable
17. Some watch the Super Bowl just for these
19. *Isolde’s tragic lover
21. *The man behind the massacre
23. Unagi on sushi menu
25. Grease holder
28. Elders’ teachings
30. *St. Valentine’s occupation
Why has recreation no longer been a major priority in Harrison County?
I can recall a time when I was younger, which was not long ago, when recreation was something that was highly thought of in our community.
Before I begin, I would like to say that I do not blame our current recreation lull on any one person.
Problems are typically not attributed to any one person.
However, a recent incident concerning a woman being denied her right to participate in local sports tops the cake in a terrible tasting way.
What would you like to see more of in your hometown newspaper?
It’s a given that there will always be the records and obituaries, births and weddings, sports and church items. But what would make your Cynthiana Democrat a better read?
The news team is always looking for feature stories on people who make a difference in Cynthiana and Harrison County.
Don’t be shy or think that your story is not newsworthy!
Everyone has a story and we’d like to tell yours.
1. Idealized image
6. Snake in the grass
13. Bourne actor
14. U.N. labor agency
15. Domenikos Theotokopoulos, a.k.a. El _____
16. Like NCAA’s eight
17. Microprocessor chip, for short
18. Number of planets
19. *Expensive Bowl purchase
21. *Tied with Steelers for most appearances
23. Big fuss
25. Car wash option
28. Camera setting
30. *Found on many players
35. Corner pieces
The General Assembly returned to the capitol last week, kicking off another legislative session as it always does in odd-numbered years: electing House and Senate leaders and establishing membership of the various committees for the next two years.
I’m proud to say that I will have the opportunity to serve again as chairman of the House Agriculture and Small Business Committee, which gives me a strong voice in setting the state’s policy in these two areas.
A new year has begun and one question we should all ask ourselves is... Are we going to help change anything for the better?
I have been working for The Cynthiana Democrat for over two years now.
During the first months of my employment, I took on the task of following the Harrison County Fiscal Court meetings.
A major observation that I feel that I am more than qualified in making is the lack of community interest in what goes on in the meetings twice a month.
1. Alfred Hitchcock in his movie, e.g
6. *Banned insecticide
9. *Infamous weapon in Persian Gulf War
13. *”The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” author
14. Two halves
16. Site of witchcraft trials
17. Fred Flintstone to Barney Rubble, e.g.
18. Stupid or silly
19. *Code name for detonation of first nuclear device
21. *1945-1990 antagonism
23. Batman and Robin, e.g.
24. *Rock and ____
25. Unit of absorbed radiation
1. Mt. Everest, McKinley and such
6. Cleopatra’s cause of death
9. Crack in a lip
13. *Hot toddy, e.g.
14. Former Chinese communist leader
15. Glowed or beamed
17. “___ to Joy”
18. Bird of prey weapon
19. Hungarian composer Bela ______
21. *Popular winter sculpture
23. Thus far
24. Greenish blue
25. Former refrigerant
28. *A snow____ is one for trekking on snow
30. Astronomer’s sighting