1. *Good night kiss spot
6. Old age, archaic
9. De Valera’s land
13. “My Own Private _____”
14. Big Island flower necklace
15. Kind of sentence
16. Things that are unacceptable
17. Some watch the Super Bowl just for these
19. *Isolde’s tragic lover
21. *The man behind the massacre
23. Unagi on sushi menu
25. Grease holder
28. Elders’ teachings
30. *St. Valentine’s occupation
Why has recreation no longer been a major priority in Harrison County?
I can recall a time when I was younger, which was not long ago, when recreation was something that was highly thought of in our community.
Before I begin, I would like to say that I do not blame our current recreation lull on any one person.
Problems are typically not attributed to any one person.
However, a recent incident concerning a woman being denied her right to participate in local sports tops the cake in a terrible tasting way.
What would you like to see more of in your hometown newspaper?
It’s a given that there will always be the records and obituaries, births and weddings, sports and church items. But what would make your Cynthiana Democrat a better read?
The news team is always looking for feature stories on people who make a difference in Cynthiana and Harrison County.
Don’t be shy or think that your story is not newsworthy!
Everyone has a story and we’d like to tell yours.
1. Idealized image
6. Snake in the grass
13. Bourne actor
14. U.N. labor agency
15. Domenikos Theotokopoulos, a.k.a. El _____
16. Like NCAA’s eight
17. Microprocessor chip, for short
18. Number of planets
19. *Expensive Bowl purchase
21. *Tied with Steelers for most appearances
23. Big fuss
25. Car wash option
28. Camera setting
30. *Found on many players
35. Corner pieces
The General Assembly returned to the capitol last week, kicking off another legislative session as it always does in odd-numbered years: electing House and Senate leaders and establishing membership of the various committees for the next two years.
I’m proud to say that I will have the opportunity to serve again as chairman of the House Agriculture and Small Business Committee, which gives me a strong voice in setting the state’s policy in these two areas.
A new year has begun and one question we should all ask ourselves is... Are we going to help change anything for the better?
I have been working for The Cynthiana Democrat for over two years now.
During the first months of my employment, I took on the task of following the Harrison County Fiscal Court meetings.
A major observation that I feel that I am more than qualified in making is the lack of community interest in what goes on in the meetings twice a month.
1. Alfred Hitchcock in his movie, e.g
6. *Banned insecticide
9. *Infamous weapon in Persian Gulf War
13. *”The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” author
14. Two halves
16. Site of witchcraft trials
17. Fred Flintstone to Barney Rubble, e.g.
18. Stupid or silly
19. *Code name for detonation of first nuclear device
21. *1945-1990 antagonism
23. Batman and Robin, e.g.
24. *Rock and ____
25. Unit of absorbed radiation
1. Mt. Everest, McKinley and such
6. Cleopatra’s cause of death
9. Crack in a lip
13. *Hot toddy, e.g.
14. Former Chinese communist leader
15. Glowed or beamed
17. “___ to Joy”
18. Bird of prey weapon
19. Hungarian composer Bela ______
21. *Popular winter sculpture
23. Thus far
24. Greenish blue
25. Former refrigerant
28. *A snow____ is one for trekking on snow
30. Astronomer’s sighting
As we celebrate the holidays and ready for the new year, many of us may find ourselves taking a moment to recall the positive things in our lives.
Statewide, there has been some good news in recent months worth noting. The job market overall is looking somewhat better, with the state’s unemployment rate down, and we’re working on improving the economy here in our legislative district.