1. Idealized image
6. Snake in the grass
13. Bourne actor
14. U.N. labor agency
15. Domenikos Theotokopoulos, a.k.a. El _____
16. Like NCAA’s eight
17. Microprocessor chip, for short
18. Number of planets
19. *Expensive Bowl purchase
21. *Tied with Steelers for most appearances
23. Big fuss
25. Car wash option
28. Camera setting
30. *Found on many players
35. Corner pieces
The General Assembly returned to the capitol last week, kicking off another legislative session as it always does in odd-numbered years: electing House and Senate leaders and establishing membership of the various committees for the next two years.
I’m proud to say that I will have the opportunity to serve again as chairman of the House Agriculture and Small Business Committee, which gives me a strong voice in setting the state’s policy in these two areas.
A new year has begun and one question we should all ask ourselves is... Are we going to help change anything for the better?
I have been working for The Cynthiana Democrat for over two years now.
During the first months of my employment, I took on the task of following the Harrison County Fiscal Court meetings.
A major observation that I feel that I am more than qualified in making is the lack of community interest in what goes on in the meetings twice a month.
1. Alfred Hitchcock in his movie, e.g
6. *Banned insecticide
9. *Infamous weapon in Persian Gulf War
13. *”The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” author
14. Two halves
16. Site of witchcraft trials
17. Fred Flintstone to Barney Rubble, e.g.
18. Stupid or silly
19. *Code name for detonation of first nuclear device
21. *1945-1990 antagonism
23. Batman and Robin, e.g.
24. *Rock and ____
25. Unit of absorbed radiation
1. Mt. Everest, McKinley and such
6. Cleopatra’s cause of death
9. Crack in a lip
13. *Hot toddy, e.g.
14. Former Chinese communist leader
15. Glowed or beamed
17. “___ to Joy”
18. Bird of prey weapon
19. Hungarian composer Bela ______
21. *Popular winter sculpture
23. Thus far
24. Greenish blue
25. Former refrigerant
28. *A snow____ is one for trekking on snow
30. Astronomer’s sighting
As we celebrate the holidays and ready for the new year, many of us may find ourselves taking a moment to recall the positive things in our lives.
Statewide, there has been some good news in recent months worth noting. The job market overall is looking somewhat better, with the state’s unemployment rate down, and we’re working on improving the economy here in our legislative district.
We didn’t get that white Christmas I was pulling for this year, but weather forecasters are promising some snow for our future.
I’m not nearly the fan I once was, but certainly I get excited about a forecast that could bring some snow our way.
I like it best if it’s a day (or two) that I’m going to be home and not out on the roads. It’s great to cozy up in the house and watch it snow.
Unfortunately, the biggest snowfalls generally happen during the week when most of us have some place we have to be.
1. Like children’s book character Nancy
6. Grade A item on grocery list
9. Spill the beans
13. Greeting from Don Ho
14. ___ chi
15. *Location of Mohammed Morsi’s presidential palace
16. It lacks appropriate punctuation
17. Wood-shaping tool
18. It often fell in old cartoons
19. *One of EU leaders
21. *Anti-apartheid leader
23. Moray ___
24. I, to a Greek
25. Where massages are given
28. Letter opener
30. Pincered insect
1. Come from an egg
13. Gem state
14. Make a choice
15. Move sideways
16. Chocolate substitute
17. Wade’s opponent
18. *”The _____” moved to Chicago from NYC
19. *GOP’s 2012 choice
21. *Deceased singing legend
23. Pock mark disease
24. Boris Godunov, e.g.
25. Chicken order
28. Vegetative prickle
30. Speed of play, pl.
35. Like decorated cake
37. Luau souvenirs