Crews battled an afternoon fire at Hillside Apartments off Elmarch Avenue around 4:30 p.m. yesterday.
Cynthiana Fire Department Chief Jay Sanders said the fire originated as a grease fire in the kitchen of apartment 404.
“One apartment received fire damage,” Sanders said Monday morning. “The rest of the 12 units received smoke damage.”
Sanders said one resident was rescued from the third floor of the building.
“It was an excellent response and a good save,” Sanders said.
The scene was cleared by 6:50 p.m.