.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Space heaters blamed for Pike Street fire

-A A +A

By Becky Barnes, Editor

Cynthiana Fire Chief Jay Sanders is reminding people to be cautious when using space heaters.

Firefighters were called to 139 E. Pike St. for an electrical fire in the basement of Shao Lin Karate.

According to Sanders, the fire started inside the breaker box and had already burned through a 2x12 board when firefighters arrived.

“Luckily someone was in the building,” Sanders said.

The source was traced to a second floor apartment where residents were using two space heaters to warm the apartment, Sanders said.


If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!

Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription

If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Cynthiana Democrat, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.

Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.

Newspaper Acct. ID:
info
Street Address:
(exactly as it appears on the label)

If you are a subscriber and you do not know your account ID or don't have a copy of your newspaper available that shows the information on the address label you can click continue below to search for your account.

Special Offer

You have used all your free page views for the month however if you wish to create a FREE limited access account you will be able to view a additional 2 pages per month.




You can also purchase a subscription and have full access to the site. To purchase a subscription simply enter your zipcode below

ZIP Code:

The Cynthiana Democrat | circulation@cynthianademocrat.com | 859-234-1035
P.O. Box 160, 302 Webster Avenue, Cynthiana, KY 41031
Office Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday