There will be no school and no school activities for the rest of the week.
School officials met Wednesday afternoon after an additional 36 students went home from the already high 414 absences at the start of the day.
“It’s our hope that closing Thursday and Friday will help to contain the further spread of illness,” said DeeGee Fischer, assistant superintendent.
She added that school activities will be cancelled Thursday through Sunday.
She said school custodians are also concentrating heavily on disinfecting the schools as a precaution. She said additional supplies have been ordered.
“We’re doing what doctors and the health department are telling us to do, as far as disinfecting,” Fischer said.
She said it also appears that parents are following the guidelines of a packet that went home with students last week. She asked that parents continue to follow those guidelines when school resumes on Monday.
For more on this story, see this week's Cynthiana Democrat.