* Cynthiana News, March 4, 1869 - Mr. Brannock of Missouri passed up the road with about 30 hogs, which weighed about 115 pounds each.
* City Ordinance, Year 1871, Section 15 - The city marshall shall seize all hogs and goats running at large in the streets, of which he may be unable to ascertain the owner and after three days notice of the time and place of sale, sell the same to the highest bidder, for the benefit of the city.
* Benjamin Franklin - Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.
* Cynthiana News, Jan. 7, 1869 - A friend of ours, a distiller, complained to us that the hogs which he was slopping at his whisky mill were eating each others tails off. Another friend observed that was not extraordinary for a drunken man behaved so outrageously oft times that he lost not only his tan but his head also.
* Cynthiana News, Aug. 3, 1852 - A census of the hog population in Kentucky listed 84 counties with a total of 880,798 hogs. Of these counties, Shelby had the most, 33,334. Harrison County 14,227.
* Walter De La Mare - Sweet February 29! This is our grace year, as I live. Quick, now! This foolish heart of mine. Seize thy prerogative!
* Harrison County Order Book #4, Page 413, April 15, 1922 - It is ordered that 25 dollars be appropriated to Mr. Harney for hog killed by city fire truck on way to fire at County Infirmary.
* Cynthiana News, Jan. 28, 1869 - Dr. Barkley of Leesburg has an extraordinary pig, which has four cars - two on the top of the head and two at the usual places for hogs to carry their ears - four tusks - one head - and from the shoulders back it has two distinct bodies with four hind feet, two tans, and four front feet - two poorly developed and two long ones.
* Dr. Seuss - And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.) Kid, Youll Move Mountains!
Do you remember hog killing days? The Cynthiana-Harrison County Museum (Fridays, Saturdays, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.) has an elaborate display related to that time of year for the farmer as well as items from Webbers Sausage. 859-234-7179.