* The Log Cabin, Friday, Jan. 16, 1942 - “The New Rohs Opera House, Friday and Saturday, Jan. 16 and 17 - Two Big Features - Laurel and Hardy in ‘Great Guns’ plus ‘Down in San Diego’ starring Bonita Granville.”
* The Log Cabin, Friday, Jan. 16, 1942 - “Rohs Theatre, Saturday, Jan. 17 - Tim Holt in ‘Ridin’ The Wind’ - Comic - News Event.”
* The Log Cabin, Jan. 3, 1896 - “J.J. Reber, South Main Street. Two doors north of Hamilton House, Dealer in Choice Confectioneries, Bread and Cakes, Fine Cigars and Choice Brands of Tobacco. I make a Specialty of Home Made Candies. We serve Hot and Cold Lunch from 7 a.m. Your patronage Respectfully Solicited. Baltimore Oysters Received Daily.”
* Democrat, Dec. 20, 1923 - The Bargain Store - Invites you to see the many nice presents Santa has left here for your inspection. As Christmas, the most joyous time in the year, is approaching, the Old Reliable Bargain Store is still in front with a nice line of gifts for the whole family. Of course, toys especially are as cheap as they were last year. Also a nice line of stamped goods, scarves, and center pieces. I have Rolled Oats six cents per lb. Good Apricots, 18 cents per lb. I extend a cordial invitation to both old and new customers to come and examine my merchandise. Christmas and New Years Greetings to all. Call Phone 133, Mrs. Irene Withers, Prop. N. W. corner Main and Pleasant Sts. (A picture of Aunt Rene’s store is at the museum)
* Cynthiana News, Dec. 13, 1866 - “On Sunday last after Elder Lard had closed an eloquent sermon at the Christian Church, a collection was taken up and three hundred dollars was raised for the benefit of the suffering South.”’
* Ada V. Hendricks - “May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope; the spirit of Christmas which is peace; the heart of Christmas which is love.”
Christmas greetings and best wishes from all of us at the Cynthiana-Harrison County Museum. Come visit us, Fridays and Saturdays, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., 859-234-7179.