* Come help us celebrate the 17th anniversary of your Cynthiana-Harrison County Museum, located at the Rohs Theatre Building on South Walnut Street, during regular hours, Friday and Saturday, July 22-23 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* As it has for several years, WCYN will host Coffee Break from the museum on Friday, July 22. We encourage volunteers to come participate. The museum would not exist if it were not for the faithfulness and dedication of volunteers. Thanks to WCYN for their continued support.
* We also extend gratitude to the Cynthiana Democrat for publishing Museum Musings and giving their support to the Museum since its very beginning.
* In addition to the museum, please stop by the Smithsonian Exhibit, “Journey Stories” located in the Chamber of Commerce building.
* On Sunday, July 24 at 2 p.m. at the Rohs Opera House on Pike Street, a program will be presented by Carol Jarboe who will portray Maggie Delaney, an 18th century indentured servant. Delaney is a composite character created from Jarboe’s extensive research. Programs are free and open to the public.
* These special programs perhaps will help us to better discover and understand our own journey stories and those of our family and neighbors.
* We anticipate seeing you at the museum for our anniversary as well as the other happenings in our town.
* Mary Antin (1881-1949) “So at last I was going to America. Really, really going, at last! The boundaries burst . . . The winds rushed in from outer space roaring in my ears, America! America!”