Cynthiana firefighters braved frigid temperatures Thursday night and Friday morning to battle two blazes.
The department was dispatched to a 10:15 p.m. house fire last Thursday at 229 Riggs Ave.
According to Cynthiana Fire Chief Jay Sanders, no one was living in the home. However, it was being remodeled by owner Richard Hutchinson.
Sanders said it appears there was a furnace malfunction that started the fire.
A new shower and tub, several gallons of paint and several carpentry tools were inside the home.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Cynthiana Democrat, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.