Blowing wind and rain pounding the siding on her house awoke Amanda Collins around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. She fell back asleep only to have the same noises rouse her again moments later.
She got up and noticed an orange glow inside her Florence Lane home. She very quickly realized the glow was from a fire at the back of her home.
She grabbed her 17-month-old son and threw a blanket around them both and ran out the door.
Collins said when she opened the door to escape, the house immediately filled with smoke and the smoke detectors started going off.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Cynthiana Democrat, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.