.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Contents of Connersville garage total loss, says owner

-A A +A
By Becky Barnes

Harrison County volunteer firefighters got an early morning call to a fire at Connersville.

A garage at Ken McCarter’s residence was on fire and burned the inside and the contents before it could be extinguished.

McCarter called in the fire around 4 a.m.

Assistant Chief James McCarty said they were able to salvage some of the garage’s contents with the three engines, a tanker and 10 men on the scene.

“It burned inside pretty good,” McCarty said, noting that the garage contained a zero-turn mower, 4-wheeler and all kinds of tools.

McCarter said Thursday morning that the garage's contents were a total loss. He said an investigator has been contacted to look at the burned property to determine a cause. He said there were numerous items in the garage that were

There was also an air compressor, which is where McCarty believes the suspected electrical fire began.

“We’re not 100 percent sure that’s where it started, but we are about 95 percent certain it started there,” McCarty said, at about 5:30 a.m. as firefighters were making their way back to the station. They were on the scene for about an hour and half.